by h. gillespie
I am a conservation biologist, educator, natural historian, artist, and science writer living in Austin, Texas. I have a variety of interests in the biological sciences + the arts, and have lots of experience with interdisciplinary projects in conservation and public education in the sciences. I study the ecology of endangered and rare species, how to conserve them, and how to restore native habitats. I am founder and writer for biocreativity.wordpress.com, a blog about the arts + biological sciences and I am owner/director of Art.Science.Gallery. LLC, an art gallery and science communication space in Austin, Texas. As an artist I use a variety of media, including ceramics and printmaking, to create works that are often inspired by my activities as a biologist. Feel free to explore both my academic and creative work through this site, and thank you for visiting.
B.A. 2003. Biology with minors Environmental Studies & Art, Austin College.
You can reach me by email at email@example.com about any of the following services, or if you’d simply just like to get in touch.
- ecological and conservation research + consulting
- grant writing, report writing + data analysis in ecological and conservation sciences
- outreach lectures, workshops and events on a variety of scientific topics
- freelance science writing on a variety of topics
- multimedia presentations in the biological sciences (let me help you communicate your work to the world)!
- custom artwork commissions + installations